Saturday, May 20, 2006

Plan B

When Paulie's gig was cancelled due to Chamber of Commerce-perfect weather, the Violent Farmer said that he still wanted to get together. I pondered our options and started to run out of ideas when it hit me: What do people from Hannibal, Troy, and any other small town in Missouri do when they are bored? Burn shit and drink beer! So it was decided- we would all sit around a campfire at my house and consume some frothy beverages. It wasn't the same as watching Paulie on stage, but it was pretty fun none the less. The Violent Farmer even serenaded us a couple of times as did Jagua Piru. And Jerry couldn't stop praising me for the wonderful fire that I made. A good time was had by all- country style.

I guess I finally ended up using something that I learned in high school. I'm sure my teachers would be proud.

No comments: