Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Scared of Running Out

I've been drinking so I've decided to do another "Ask a Violent Farmer"



Scared of Running Out said...
Every time I take a bottle down and pass it around, there is always one less bottle on the wall. I have a phobia of running out, but can't quit taking them down. What should I do?


Dear Scared,

Why do you keep your beer on the wall? Maybe it's just me, but last time I checked Wall Beer is not up on most peoples popular list. I took a poll in the office and apparently the preferred place to store your beer is in a "Cooler". You should try this. I think it could make your whole beer passing experience much more enjoyable, but I digress.

In an effort to better advise you, I decided to do some hands on investigative research. I knew I was going to have to take down some very technical data, so I armed myself with a notebook, a pencil, and a t-shirt that said "Lookin for Booty".
Pre-beer passing experimentation, I took two shots of tequila (work was really pissing me off that day, plus I just like tequila). Much to my surprise none of the pubs that I visited kept their beer on the wall, so I settled for one out of the "Cooler". I passed around the first beer (the bar patrons were more than happy to pass beer with me in the name of science), and when it got back I saw that it was half full (I'm an optimist). I ordered two more shots of tequila and used the half full glass of beer as a chaser.
I repeated this whole process two more times then headed to the strip club.

The next morning I woke up in a tree wearing only my socks.
It took about an hour and a half for the Fire Department to get me down, and another twenty minutes to find my pants. It's all in a nights work for a scientific researcher.

I am proud to report that in spite of the harrowing experiences of the night, I was able to record some very interesting observations. Apparently, even though I was in a drunken stooper the entire night, I was able to write "I like boobies" on every page of my notebook.

So there you have it Scared:
a) keep your beer in a "Cooler", and
b) I like boobies

consider yourself advised


Sincerely,
Paul & the Violent Farmers

3 comments:

Violent Farmer said...

Ok, I realize this one was a little wierd. I was drunk get off my back. What other kind of advice was I supposed to give for the freaking 100 bottles of beer song? dive goddess already gave out the good advise with the Beer Fairy comment.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Dear Advice Farmer,

Lately I've had pangs of guilt because I spend my wife's hard earned money on beer for myself. Do you have any ideas on how I can pay for my own beer without getting a job?

Guilty But Thirsty

Wirthy said...

How are you supposed to get beer to stay on the wall anyway?