Friday, March 24, 2006

Paul Shields- Are You Ready to be a Superstar?!

As Paul & The Violent Farmers' manager and promoter, I have begun a campaign that will launch the career of our favorite Farmer into the laugh-o-sphere. I call it the "2006 I Wrote This When I Was Drunk World Tour". I have narrowed the list of venues in Columbia that are capable of showcasing Paul's emmense talent to eight. Obviously, the content of Paul's material makes it very important to find venues where positively no children will be present. These places include comedy clubs, night clubs, and strip clubs. I have written letters to the talent coordinators and club owners of these establishments and included a copy of Paul's demo CD (with a parental advisory warning) as well. Hopefully, we will begin receiving overwhelming responses as soon as next week.

I am sorry it took so long to get the ball rolling, Paulie. My only excuse is that I have the mental capacity and attention span of a gnat. After we conquer Columbia, we'll set our sights on the rest of the world. Buckle up...its going to be one helluva ride!

4 comments:

Seamhead said...

Blogdaddy, Can you get some CDs to Paulie before this weekend? I'd like to take one to the Funny Bone here in Springfield.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Seam, I need to burn some more copies. I can mail one directly to you if you want. Are you swinging through Missouri this weekend? I could possibly meet you in Columbia if you're coming this way. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Paul: Tour Madison. I know people. I'll give you girl advice in person.

TheNotQuiteRightReverend said...

Hey Nessa-

I am sorry for stepping on your turf. I only had our Violent Farmer's best interests at heart. I'll buy you a drink at the Vu.