Sunday, March 27, 2005

Friday's Show & Week One Drunken Haiku Winner

I mark Friday's show as my worst yet.
It had all the starting ingredients of a great show- It was my friend Nikki's birthday (she's hot), I was recording the show live, I had on my good pants, and it was Good Friday. Now that I look back that last one may have been the problem(or maybe it was the pants).
Signs fell down behind me in the middle of the show, the jukebox came on during the Torso Girl song, I forgot words to one of my songs, and some drunk guy trying to be cool and do the air guitar rock dance fell into my guitar and took out the sound system. The drunk guy did offer to buy me a drink though, so that's cool.
I am officially putting that show behind me and will mention it no more.

Now to what you guys have been waiting for- The results from the first week of the drunken haiku competition.

I received 17 haiku (I think. I counted them when I was drunk so that's not a given).
If the competition would have been called All Hopped Up On Crack Cocaine Haiku, then Bovinebasher would have won hands down.
Howdy and Jeff appear to have a bit of a haiku war going on, which I encourage whole heartedly (the drunken haiku is mightier than the sword my friends).
Jeff appeared to be the front runner to win with the double jointed twins haiku, but a late entry from Seamhead made my decision close.

And the winner is... Seamhead


What is that thing on
my penis? Do I need some
antibiotics?


(the deciding factor was Seamheads use of a five syllable word to end his poem-pure haiku genius!!)

Congratulations Seamhead you are know in the running to win the big prize!!! I'm not sure what that prize is yet, but it will be awesome.
And to start off next weeks round of drunken haiku, I offer up this:

Movie Night
Laying on the couch
watching for her big nude scene
To grab the lotion


Good luck with the haiku and drinking.
Keep checking back for new show dates.

5 comments:

Seamhead said...

I'm so honored to win the great haiku contest. After reading the other entries I knew it would be tough contest. Keep the haiku coming!

And by the way, does anyone know if they shoot those antibiotics directly into your penis? Hopefully, it's just some pills.

Anonymous said...

Sick Day

smoking cigarettes
drinking whiskey until four
woke up with the flu

Amy

Seamhead said...

Jeff

Jeff has sunk so far
let him join my blog for free
seems he owes me one

Seamhead said...

woke up under her
can't seem to roll her off me
humiliation

Rocky said...

Older brothers two
I think 1 has a disease
Can no. 2 fix it?