Friday, March 18, 2005

My Drunken Haiku Corner

For those of you who were asleep during the haiku chapter in school, I will give you a quick lesson (for those of you who were awake- why?)
Haiku is some sort of ancient Asian poetry (Japanese maybe? Who knows?), that is made up of three lines. The first line has has five syllables, seven syllables on the next line, and five again on the last line. Pretty easy.

A couple of years ago I was drunk at a bar with my friend Amy, and in our drunken stupor we made a pact to write a haiku each day and e-mail them to each other for one year. It sounded like a good idea at the time, but then again we were drunk.
It sucked. We made it for about two weeks, before we decided to just do seven haiku at the end of the week instead of e-mailing one each day.
One weeks later we decided to cut our year down to six months, and to just e-mail them when we had time.
Two weeks after that we decided to just stop and spend more time at the bar.

Any way the other day I was at the bar again and after Amy hit me in the head with an ash tray I decided that maybe I should spend more time writing haiku.

I thought I would post one here every week, and then let you guys post your own in the comment section. I'll pick the best haiku from your responses and post it here the following week, and then in two months or so I'll give a prize to the best one. Also this is drunken haiku, so if you screw up on syllables or slur your haiku it still counts.

If this sucks or I decide to just start drinking again I'll let you know.
Here's my first one, enjoy:


The Good Life
whacking off all day
throwing dung at everyone
monkeys got it good

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Memory Lapse

I got drunk and I
forgot. Please tell me what I
did. No wait, please don't.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Drunken Haiku is
Too hard for me to play when,
I am not drunk, burp.

-Howdy

Anonymous said...

How can I compete with a haiku about whacking off all day?? Hmmm...let me see what I can come up with...oh wait, it's the drunken haiku corner, so let me go get drunk and I'll get back to you. :) To be continued...

Anonymous said...

PAULS MILITARY CAREER?

Pretty Paul, Revlon
wearing make up in fatiques.
He's got some blush on

Anonymous said...

Haiku from my wife,
(I only agree with the second part!!!) I'm posting this against her wishes.

My boobs are so small
but I touch them when I want
and you poor guys can't.

Anonymous said...

I wrote this for my wife

I need a paul shirt
Drunk woman song made me hot
So where is my shirt?

Anonymous said...

Amerasian boy
Songs of joy, for a trucker
where's my wife's damn shirt?

Anonymous said...

A wife's inner thoughts

Stupid schlong please die
why'd you do that in my eye
take a cold shower

Violent Farmer said...

Bovinebasher, have you been taking your medication?

Anonymous said...

Art or Art?

Is Jeff's haiku Art
or, is Art Jeff's nemesis?
Jeff struggles with Art.

--Howdy

Anonymous said...

Come see Paul at the
Island tonight. Hear his song
of trucker delight.

Yeah, so I'm a lame haiku writer....Paul will you get off my back now about writing one? I'll try one again later when I'm a drunk woman.... :)

Seamhead said...

What is that thing on
my penis? Do I need some
antibiotics?